Saturday, April 19, 2008

Passover break and broken lungs

We are just starting the long Passover Break- no school from Friday until next Monday. Jena has decided to celebrate Passover by getting pneumonia- again. She started with a little cough on Tues, trip to the doctor Weds and trip to the ER Weds night ( or really thursday morning). After loading with all kinds of meds they let us go home, thanks in part to my playing up the fact that I am an NNP. I promised to bring her back if I got worried. It also helps that Stef's new best friend at school just happens to be the daughter of our pediatrician, so I had Jena seen twice by the doctor the next day, as we were picking up and dropping off for a playdate. Jena is feeling much better but having a serious case of 'steroid rage'. It seems she needs to scream for no significant reason- like last night when she didn't like the way the water was coming out of the sippy cup. I was seriously worried a neighbor was going to call the police! This should be a lot of fun at my parents over the next fews day. I'll let you know how it goes.
The one positive note here is that I can cross another thing off my "as a single mom how will you ever...?' list--- I managed to get Jena to the ER at 4am with just one phone call for someone to come stay with Stef. Thank goodness for Margurite and other good friends.

2 comments:

shelley said...

So sorry to hear about sweet Jena. I hate that she gets so sick. I had steriod rage when I had pneumonia on Thanksgiving 2002. Not a pleasent situation on either end. Keep your chin up my friend....this to shall pass.

Julie said...

Poor Jena glad she made a big comeback for the Passover celebration.