Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Last hurdle jumped!




We had Jena's readoption court date on April 22nd. It was just a formality and basically all it will give us is birth certificate from the state of NJ that lists me as the mother and 'place of birth' as China. The big excitement is this is the very very last thing I have to do as far as the adoption is concerned. This time around I had a friend,Cindy, who is an attorney give us a hand. I met Cindy when I took take of her son Conner in the NICU. He was born extremely premature and is dong great. She was working towards bringing Connor home while I was waiting and waiting for Jena's referral. We used to joke about which one of us would get our baby home first (she did). We both felt it was right that she be a part of Jena's adoption, since I had been a part of Connors homecoming. Here are a few pictures from the day in court, as well a picture of Cindy's kids, Connor and Lindsey.

No comments: