Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mommy can be replaced with a lollypop

After a wonderful thanksgiving dinner is was time for the girls to spend their first night at my parents without me. When I work my 24 hour weekend shift I drop the girls off the night before I work and pick them up the day after. Since I had to work during the day on friday and there wasn't any daycare, it was Amah and Zayde to the rescue. I was worried because the girls wouldn't be in their "nest" and I wasn't sure if this was going to be a problem. As Julie T said- why do we even worry ? I am told there was less then 10 seconds of crying. I walked out the door, she started to cry, and as soon as a lollypop appeared, I was but a memory! Jena was her same happy self when I picked her up on friday night and even went willingly back to Amah and Zaydes house on Saturday, since I also have to work sunday. I can breate a big sigh of relief- final hurdle jumped!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've been waiting for the update! Good for the girls and very GOOD for their wonderful grand parents!!!