Tuesday, November 18, 2008

the Party Girl turns 4








In Jena's world, everyday is a party. She celebrates every moment of everyday, doesn't sweat the small stuff and always looks on the bright side. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't have some sort of memory of her life before adoption because she approaches every day as a time to rejoice. Her birthday party was a perfect example of her outlook on life. For weeks we had planned a swimming party after school. She was very excited to pack her suit and her goggles this morning in anticipation. At 9am I got a phone call- bad news, the pool had a plumbing problem so her long awaited swim party was now going to be a 'gym party'. When she was 4, Stefanie would have needed a Xanax to deal with such a dissapointment. True to form, Jena paused for a moment and then yelled "yeah - a moonbounce!" As you can see from the pictures no one missed the pool at all. Party on- Jena!

3 comments:

Julie said...

OH how I wish I could be more like Jena. Happy Birthday sweet girl Kacey and I miss you and hope that you had a WONDERFUL birthday!!!!

Ashley Winters said...

It looks like your little girl had a wonderful birthday party. Fun, fun, fun!

shelley said...

Happy Birthday big girl. I,too,wish I had more of that outlook on life. She will inspire me to do better.

Missing you.